|Survey Technician 1 - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
August 19, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U087 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Survey Technician 1 (from approx. September 7, 2021 to September 1, 2023) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Engineering Services Department. Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager, in this unionized position you will perform the technical survey work related to all aspects of civil and municipal engineering services.
• Perform surveying work to collect data required in the planning, design and construction of all types of municipal engineering projects
• Perform technical drafting and Civil 3D work and calculations relating to field survey works
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a diploma in surveying/geomatics technology, plus considerable related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of municipal engineering survey work including automated survey and drafting applications
• Exceptional skill in the use of survey instruments and equipment
• Ability to accurately prepare field notes, sketches, plans and computations
• Ability to provide clear and concise verbal and written communication
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.90 - $38.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: August 9, 2021
External closing date for this competition: August 19, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||July 29, 2021 08:30 AM
||August 19, 2021 04:30 PM