|Infrastructure Assets Coordinator - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
August 10, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U086 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Infrastructure Assets Coordinator (from approx. September 1, 2021 to February 3, 2023) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Asset Management Department. Reporting to the Infrastructure Assets Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining infrastructure asset management systems and engineering projects as it relates to infrastructure asset management.
• Maintain and coordinate infrastructure asset management systems with other departments and research/recommend new and updated software applications and modules as required
• Act as the administrator for asset management systems including coordination of licenses, overseeing database maintenance and the review of proposed database design changes prior to authorizing
• Assist and train users in the effective use of systems, develop and maintains training documentation and leads users in system testing
• Configure and implement asset management system applications to meet business needs, develops customized reports and reviews data for completeness and accuracy
• Establish and maintain effective communication with a variety of internal and external contacts and participate with representatives of other municipalities in user groups
• Coordinate regular meetings with primary system users and provide support for GIS integration with asset management systems
• Perform other related work as required
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a diploma in Civil and Structural Technology plus sound related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of infrastructure assets system capabilities and applications as they relate to infrastructure asset management and the operational engineering functions, policies and regulations
• Sound knowledge of systems administration functions, database design and basic problem definition and solution techniques related to the work performed
• Ability to coordinate and maintain infrastructure management systems and to recommend system enhancements or modifications including new software applications and modules
• Ability to configure system software, develop reports, procedures and guidelines
• Ability to investigate and resolve non-complex software problems
• A diploma in Building Technology/Construction Management or a bachelor degree in a related field is considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $38.73 - $45.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: July 28, 2021
External closing date for this competition: August 10, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||July 20, 2021 08:30 AM
||August 10, 2021 04:30 PM