|Community Services Assistant 2 (Before & After School Care Senior Leader)
|*Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3917.
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
August 2, 2021
at 11:59 PM
||3917 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation & Culture
||Spend the school year creating positive recreation experiences for children 5-13 years old.
As part of the Community and Recreation Services Division, you’ll be working in a fast-paced, creative environment focused on delivering active, safe programs for children to develop their skills, while meeting new friends. The City of Surrey is a HIGH FIVE® registered organization. We are committed to ensuring that every child in our programs has a positive recreation experience. Our licensed Before and After Care programs incorporate outdoor play, engaging activities, a fun atmosphere, and a great place for children to spend their time before and after the school day.
||We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with children 5-13 years, and are:
• Flexible and able to quickly adapt to new environments and situations;
• Creative and passionate about play;
• Strong team players, focused on providing great customer service;
• Self-motivated and can take initiative with little supervision;
• Great communicators with the ability to work with people of all ages;
• Highly organized.
Community Services Assistant 2 (Senior Leaders) are responsible for providing Before and After Care participants with an active, safe and stimulating environment to develop social skills and general well-being. They are responsible for the licensing paperwork, communication with staff and supervisors, staff mentorship, and great customer service.
||Before and after School Care is a Licensed program and the following are requirements of the position as per the Community Care and Assisted Living Act – Child Care Licensing Regulation:
Responsible adults (29)
To qualify for employment in a community care facility as a responsible adult, a person must:
• Be at least 19 years of age;
• Be able to provide care and mature guidance to children;
• Have completed a course, or a combination of courses, of at least 20 hours duration in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition, and;
• Have relevant work experience.
Additionally, the Community Services Assistant 2: Senior Leaders will have:
• Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
• The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, volunteers, staff, and the public.
• Completed Grade 12
• One year experience in community service work or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience
• High Five certification or an acceptable equivalent
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR-C/AED certificates
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
||13450 104 Avenue
||July 12, 2021 08:30 AM
||August 2, 2021 11:59 PM