|Supervisor, Mechanical Systems - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
July 19, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U080 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Supervisor, Mechanical Systems to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Facilities Superintendent, in this unionized position you will supervise, plan and oversee the work of a group of employees and skilled trades involved in construction and maintenance of mechanical systems at various municipal facilities throughout the community.
• Plan, assign, schedule, review and supervise the work of skilled HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing trades, maintenance staff and contractors engaged in mechanical system maintenance and construction
• Prepare detailed scopes of work for procurement documents including proposals, tenders/requests for quotation and assist in the evaluation process
• Conduct regular facility and equipment inspections and undertake condition assessments to ensure conformance with applicable codes and safety practices
• Interpret drawings, prepare technical specifications and review technical reports and operations sequencing of mechanical equipment
• Provide technical support to project management teams on major capital building repairs and maintenance projects
• Develop and coordinate preventative maintenance programs and undertake condition assessments to develop maintenance and capital plans
• Inspect/troubleshoot system component operations, identify problems and perform necessary repairs and adjustments accordingly
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by technical training related to the work including direct digital controls, refrigeration and mechanical systems, Class 4 Power Engineering, confined space and fall arrest, plus considerable related experience including supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the trade operation
• Considerable knowledge of the principles and maintenance procedures of mechanical heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, refrigeration systems and plumbing/gas installation
• Considerable knowledge of building systems such as direct digital controls, heating ventilation, air conditioning, boilers, water sanitizing systems, refrigeration systems, boiler systems, domestic water systems and drainage systems
• Ability to plan, assign, oversee and check the work of employees and contractors engaged in trade operations
• Ability to maintain records and preventative maintenance schedules and estimate time/material requirements
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Certificate of Qualification Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
• BC Gas Fitter Certification, Class B
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License or Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Security Clearance for work at RCMP Buildings is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $41.27 per hour (2020 rates), benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: July 7, 2021
External closing date for this competition: July 19, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||June 28, 2021 08:30 AM
||July 19, 2021 04:30 PM