|Engineering Technologist I - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
June 24, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U073 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Engineering Technologist I (from approx. July 5, 2021 to June 30, 2023) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Asset Management Department. Reporting to the Infrastructure Assets Manager, in this unionized position you will maintain infrastructure management systems and databases.
• Generate, maintain and update all maintenance work requests and work orders in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• Prepare and maintain a variety of materials such as technical and status reports, project schedules, correspondence and other documentation
• Assist in preparing costs estimates, schedules and budgets and perform design, monitor budgets and layout work for small too mid-sided project components
• Conduct field inspections and ensure that all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms and established regulations
• Collect asset inventory data and develop and maintain a database of record inspections and asset inventory
• Prepare reports, deliver presentations, assist with the preparation of grant applications and complete BC One call requests
• Arbitrate and/or assist with disputes regarding contract interpretations, review and advise on proposed changes and monitor the progress
• Liaise and coordinate with internal and external contacts and chair meetings related to assigned projects
• Perform related work as required
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in an engineering technology discipline related to the work, including or supplemented by courses in project management, plus sound related experience preferably in a municipal setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in construction and installation of municipal infrastructure
• Considerable knowledge of bylaws, policies and practices in coordinating Township programs
• Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of budgeting and standard costing procedures as related to engineering programs and operations
• Ability to act as a liaison and coordinator for construction projects and applicable Township programs
• Working knowledge of the Master Municipal Construction Documents and experience in facilities maintenance/management are considered assets
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $35.68 - $42.12 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: June 18, 2021
External closing date for this competition: June 24, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||June 10, 2021 08:30 AM
||June 24, 2021 04:30 PM