|Trades II - Carpenter - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
June 8, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U063 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Trades II – Carpenter (from approx. June 28, 2021 to March 31, 2023) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Facilities Superintendent in this unionized position, you will perform a variety of skilled carpentry, bench and joinery work at the journeyman level.
• Perform carpentry work in the construction and repair of buildings, floors, roofs, stairways, doors, windows, scaffolding forms, furniture, gates, fences, ladders, stakes and wedges, door closures and locks
• Perform maintenance and repairs on interior finishes such drywall repairs, painting, T-Bar ceilings and finish flooring
• Undertake cabinet making tasks in the shop and/or in municipal offices
• Supervise one or more employees engaged in carpentry tasks, as required
• Conduct on-site inspections of interior and exterior building finishes
• Install windows, doors and repair commercial hardware, as required
• Perform other related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, completion of a recognized trades apprenticeship, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the trade
• Considerable knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions and legislated requirements of the trade/work and use of wood fillers, paints and varnishes
• Working knowledge of the relative requirements of the various departments
• Ability to plan and construct a variety of specialized wooden structures and to perform skilled cabinet making tasks
• Considerable knowledge of the Building code requirements and building envelope systems
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• British Columbia Certificate of Qualification – Carpentry (Red Seal Carpenter certificate), or equivalent
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Security Clearance for work at RCMP Buildings is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $39.67 per hour (2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are eight hours a day; 40 hours per week with a non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week schedule.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: June 2, 2021
External closing date for this competition: June 8, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||May 25, 2021 08:30 AM
||June 8, 2021 04:30 PM