|Finance Business Manager
||City of Surrey
||The primary objective of this role will be to manage the budgeting and financial reporting functions related to various City departments. This position will also play a key role in optimizing the City’s various financial procedures and undertake any other special projects as directed by the Finance leadership team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, this position will be responsible for monthly reviews of all financial transactions related to the assigned departments and support enhancements to critical Financial processes to ensure the City takes full advantage of resources and related technologies to align with best practices. This position involves analysing complex financial transactions and providing internal customer service, leadership and support related to general financial processes for the City. This position participates in establishing, implementing and reporting on the Finance department’s key initiatives and measures, and will help meet the department’s goals through prudent and complex financial management. The incumbent will bring exceptional communication and organization skills, a focus on continual improvement, and a positive and practical approach to meeting the strategic objectives of the Finance department and the City.
||The successful candidate will:
• Develop and maintain processes and procedures which ensure that on-going financial reporting and budgeting functions are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements, applicable standards, processes and procedures.
• Oversee working papers and variance analysis reports related to any ad-hoc and ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
• Manage the preparation of operating and capital budgets for the assigned departments.
• Supervise a small team of Finance professionals and ensure that financial policies and procedures are followed by the team and the assigned departments.
• Support Finance management during the year-end audit.
• Propose recommendations for financial process improvements and efficiencies.
• Lead or assist with various departmental projects that may be assigned from time-to-time.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior management, staff, and the general public.
• Deal effectively and tactfully with internal and external stakeholders.
• Persuade, analyze, reason, evaluate and problem solve.
• Exercise considerable independence of judgment and action on all aspects.
• Understand/analyze the relationships between complex business requirements and technological solutions that align with City
operations and implement collaborative solutions.
• Demonstrate attention to detail in the application of Public Sector Accounting Standards, the Community Charter and other
||To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Completion of the Canadian Professional Accountant designation with a minimum of 3 - 5 years of increasingly complex
• Track record of successfully developing and executing strategic initiatives involving multiple internal and/or external
• Complete a Police Information Check.
• Experience in business process and internal control reviews, external audits, Local Government Finance and knowledge of
Unit4’s ERP financial management system is an asset.
||May 21, 2021 08:30 AM
||December 31, 2021 04:30 PM