|Survey Assistant - (Temporary June-Sept)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 4, 2021
at 11:59 PM
||3826 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
It’s no secret that the City of Surrey is growing at a rapid rate. With over 1000 new residents a month coming to live in this vibrant City, take an exciting opportunity in our Survey Section. We are looking to add two summer Survey Assistants to our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and innovative professionals. The Survey Assistants will perform field work under direct supervision, assisting with the obtaining of field data for City survey projects and programs. If you share the same passion for geomatics within a changing City and are interested in a summer position that offers challenge and growth, we encourage you to keep reading.
• You will use your strong knowledge of geomatics in establishing lines, grades, sizes of infrastructure, elevations, and locations. You will help establish sight lines, expose legal evidence and underground utilities to facilitate measurements, and perform basic maintenance of survey equipment.
• You are able to use survey instruments and hand tools.
• Using your strong mathematical skills, you will assist in the preparation of field notes and basic survey calculations.
• You will use your excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills as you respond to inquiries from staff and members the public.
• You are able to understand and carry out instructions as you assist other crew members in performing duties.
• You are very familiar with safety regulations and exercise good judgement in the field.
• You understand survey practices and how to read and interpret legal and engineering drawings.
• You will perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Completed Grade 12, supplemented by completion of at least one year of the Geomatics program from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• A valid and unrestricted Class 5 driver's license with a safe driving record..
• Be continuing with the Geomatics diploma or degree program in the fall of 2021.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||May 21, 2021 08:30 AM
||June 4, 2021 11:59 PM