|GIS Analyst 3
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 11, 2021
at 11:59 PM
||3825 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
This a rare and strategic opportunity under the general direction of the GIS Manager. This senior GIS Analyst will play a key role in advancing the Transportation Division and Engineering Department’s spatial data management and analytics capability. With your innovative approach and ability to explore solutions you are expected to be a change agent to help us champion and formalize the spatial analytics function. This role collaborates with GIS colleagues, other sections, and takes direction from the Engineering Process Manager to promote data literacy and further our efforts to establish a data centric culture.
The successful candidate will bring their multidisciplinary background and experience in visualizing, processing, analysing, and reporting spatial information and related business data using ESRI based GIS, Power BI, FME, Crystal Reports and other data processing/analytics/reporting technologies.
• Lead the effort to establish effective data analytic capabilities within Transportation and the Engineering Department.
• Work directly with senior management and the various Transportation sections to identify problems, prioritize work, and deliver solutions related to data processing, spatial analysis, reporting and visualization.
• Enhance GIS capabilities to Transportation, Engineering, and other business units as well as external organizations, academia, and the public.
• Provide technical leadership and direction to other technical staff to develop/maintain a robust and sustainable data architecture necessary to support effective data analysis/reporting services.
• Work with GIS colleagues to integrate spatial information with related data, generate derivative data products, and document results.
• Support/champion the evolution of the City’s GIS Practice beyond System of Record, to include System of Engagement and System of Insight.
• Design and implement tools for Data-Driven Decision Making (D3M).
• Support the City’s digital transformation.
• Conduct and/or supervise data analysis and reporting.
• Be a subject matter expert on GIS technology.
• Make recommendations to adopt new GIS technologies to support current and evolving needs.
• Supervise, train, and mentor junior staff.
• Plan, organize and review work assignments.
• Assist in the budgeting process on projects.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field from a recognized institution plus 4 years of directly related and relevant GIS experience using spatial applications and;
• Prior work experience must include at least 1 year at the GIS Analyst 2 level or;
• An equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
• Valid BC Driver’s license with a safe driving history.
||Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise/Online technologies - Operations Dashboard, ArcGIS Insights, Web Apps, AGOL Web App Templates.
• Ability to harvest, analyze and interpret Big Data and to write queries to extract data from data warehouses.
• Experience using ETL tools such as FME to extract data from multiple enterprise applications and data sources.
• Advanced understanding of spatial statistics, modeling, and visualization.
• Experience with Oracle databases and other query languages (PL/SQL, SQL, DAC, others).
• Experience writing reports, presentations, interpretation, and storytelling with spatial data.
• Experience with BIM related software such as Revit is considered an asset.
• Experience or education in urban planning or engineering is considered an asset.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||May 21, 2021 08:30 AM
||June 11, 2021 11:59 PM