||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
June 13, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||The City of White is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams. The City is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Information Technology (IT) Department seeks an individual with outstanding work ethic and a safety-first attitude to join their team. The GIS Specialist is responsible for specialized technical IT work involving ongoing development and maintenance of the components of the Geographic Information System. This role requires a technological savvy candidate with experience in the design and development of G.I.S. applications, procedures and standards; experience working with process engineering as-built drawings, maintaining related spatial and related attribute data; the production of maps, reports, and related information for departmental and corporate needs.
Superior Customer service skills are essential for the role as it liaisons with various municipal departments regarding the developmental and enhancement of G.I.S. capabilities. In addition, the incumbent provides guidance to staff engaged in G.I.S. work and to other G.I.S. users.
||Completion of a post diploma program in an acceptable related field, plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably in a municipal setting.
||• Considerable knowledge of ESRI based GIS software programs and hardware components of the Geographic Information System and programming methods applicable to the work.
• Experience with CAD software and Engineering/Drafting is considered a plus
• Considerable knowledge of the requirements and applications of the graphic and non-graphic data on the information system.
• Sound knowledge of mapping principles, techniques and materials, of simple mathematics, coordinate geometry, and survey computations.
• Experience with entering data to ArcGIS Enterprise Online, ArcGIS Open Data Portal, ArcGIS Hub
• Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety-first attitude.
• Ability to formulate recommendations for system improvements and refinements and to direct the development and maintenance of components of the GIS.
• Ability to prepare and execute a variety of computer application tools such as scripts, menus and routines of varying complexity related to the work performed.
• Provide quality control/assurance including review, analysis and revision of existing spatial data
• Ability to identify software and hardware problems, perform tests and document system changes, procedures and problems.
• Ability to provide training, guidance, direction and support to technical staff and other municipal G.I.S. users.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts and to deal effectively with the public in processing a variety of enquiries and requests for information.
||The annual wage of this unionized position is $69,341 to $81,869 (2019 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||May 20, 2021 08:30 AM
||June 13, 2021 04:30 PM