|Manager of Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety
|*Applications received without a cover letter and resume will not be considered. Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Mrs. Dagny Guy, Manager of Human Resources & Occupational Health & Safety, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
||District of Hope
This posting closed on
June 14, 2021
at 12:00 AM
||HR-2021-09 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Manager of Human Resources and Occupational Health and Safety is responsible for all aspects of human resources and occupational health and safety for the organization.
||Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
• Employee and labour relations;
• Providing guidance to management on all matters related to OHS & human resources;
• Implementing and managing all policies related to OHS & human resources;
• Administering the employee benefits program;
• Assisting with recruitment and selection for all positions;
• Participating in collective bargaining, grievances, and investigations;
• Participating in the labour management and joint occupational heath and safety committees;
• Conducting research as it pertains to the management of occupational health and safety and human resources;
• Overseeing the District’s disability management program; and
• Leading worksite and incident inspections.
• Completion of grade 12 or equivalent;
• Completion of post-secondary education in human resources or a related field.
Licenses and Certifications
• CPHR designation;
• CRSP designation, an asset;
• Possession of a valid class 5 driver’s license;
• An acceptable driver’s abstract.
• Minimum of 3 years experience;
• Interpreting the provisions of a collective agreement;
• Working in a unionized environment in a human resource and OHS capacity;
• Managing occupational disability claims, return to work initiatives, accident investigations, workplace inspections and audits;
• Experience working in a municipality, preferred.
• Of WorkSafeBC Regulations, the Labour Relations Code, Human Rights Legislation, and the Employment Standards Act;
• Of the functions and operations of local government;
• Of occupational health and safety polices and practices;
• Of human resources policies and practices.
• Exemplary interpersonal communication skills to deal with a wide range of HR issues, using tact, professionalism and empathy;
• Competent experience with Microsoft software (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint), and knowledge of databases;
• Advanced level of written, interpersonal and communication skills
• To anticipate, recognize, evaluate and assist in the development of practical controls for addressing safety hazards and compliance;
• To work independently with minimal supervision in a position requiring a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, diplomacy and confidentiality and to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines;
• To build and maintain positive working relationships with other departments, outside agencies and the public;
• To successfully deal with multiple priorities, be flexible, and problem solve under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
• To confidently exercise considerable independent judgment and make sound decisions that reflect well on the organization;
• To manage situations with a high degree of tact, discretion, and confidentiality.
||Compensation: Competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package
||Applications received without a cover letter and resume will not be considered. Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Mrs. Dagny Guy, Manager of Human Resources & Occupational Health & Safety, via email at email@example.com
Close Date: June 14, 2021
Schedule: 35 hours/week, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
Position Type: Exempt, management
||District of Hope
325 Wallace St.
Hope, BC V0X 1L0
||May 17, 2021 08:30 AM
||June 14, 2021 12:00 AM
|Attachments for Manager of Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety