|GIS Technician II - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
May 31, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U059 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time GIS Technician II to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division, Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Geomatics Services, in this unionized position you will prepare and maintain Base Municipal GIS spatial information using a variety of computer applications, techniques and equipment.
• Maintain municipal spatial data related to water systems, sanitary systems, drainage systems, road systems and legal/cadastral data
• Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings and legal drawings for the purposes of data input into the enterprise GIS system
• Research, compile and assemble non-graphic data from various municipal files, charts, and similar records for conversion and entry to the GIS system
• Provide content advice on standard and custom map products and prepare graphic presentations and maps of various sizes, scales and materials
• Provide training and direction to staff on maintenance software capabilities, corporate digital data standards and the use of GIS related data
• Perform other related work as required
• A GIS certificate or diploma from a recognized post secondary educational institution
• Considerable working knowledge of Esri products and experience maintaining a cadastral fabric and municipal infrastructure data
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings related to municipal infrastructure and legal drawings
• Working knowledge of coordinating geometry and survey computations with the ability to research, compile, enter, analyze and assemble geographic and associated geographic-based data using the GIS system
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a variety of internal and external contacts and to train contacts on the uses, capabilities and procedures related to GIS maintenance and related software
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.90 - $38.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: May 27, 2021
External closing date for this competition: May 31, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||May 17, 2021 08:30 AM
||May 31, 2021 04:30 PM