|Cemetery Supervisor - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
June 1, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U057 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting a regular full-time Cemetery Supervisor to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Parks Operations Department. Reporting to the Parks Infrastructure and Cemetery Superintendent, in this unionized position you will perform administrative and supervisory work in the operation of the municipal cemeteries. This position supervises a small group of employees engaged in cemetery maintenance and internment work.
• Plan, assign, review and supervise the work of a small crew engaged in horticultural, grounds keeping, maintenance and interment work
• Monitor and review operations to ensure compliance with the Cemetery Act, relevant bylaws, policies and legislation
• Provide information and assistance to the public on matters related to cemetery operations, policies, governing bylaws and regulations
• Process documentation pertaining to the sale of cemetery services and materials
• Determine and recommend innovative cemetery products and services and ensure that the needs of the community are met
• Participate in a variety of semi-skilled and unskilled horticultural, cemetery, grounds keeping, routine building maintenance and interment duties as required
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of a diploma in business or marketing management or a related discipline plus sound related experience including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of legislation, bylaws, rules, regulations and practices applicable to the work
• Considerable knowledge of the services, procedures, materials and current trends involved in municipal cemeteries
• Ability to plan, direct and monitor cemetery operations and recommend/implement new innovations as necessary
• Ability to assign tasks and supervise the work of a small group of employees engaged in semi-skilled manual work
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License or the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $35.68 - $42.12 per hour (2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are eight hours per day, 40 hours per week on a non-standard work schedule
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: May 19, 2021
External closing date for this competition: June 1, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||May 11, 2021 08:30 AM
||June 1, 2021 04:30 PM