|Technical Support Specialist - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
May 31, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U056 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Technical Support Specialist to join our team of professionals in the Information Technology Department within the Corporate Administration Division. Reporting to the Manager, Technical Support, in this unionized position you will provide desktop user support and problem resolution services for the organization.
• Respond to user calls/emails and investigate document software and hardware issues
• Identify issues, prioritize resolution timelines and assist in developing solutions
• Provide advice to users and assist in identifying and describing departmental computer requirements
• Assist in the evaluation, installation and configuration of software and hardware, follow-up on operational issues
• Prepare and maintain a variety of documents including procedures, user guides, files, and reports
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by courses in computer operations and applications plus sound related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Ability to investigate and document software and hardware problems, prioritize resolution requirements and correct problems of routine nature
• Considerable knowledge and hands on working experience, with one or more of the technologies used at the Township of Langley: Dell Computers, HP/Xerox printers, Adobe software, Microsoft Office 2019/365, SCCM for imaging & software installs, Microsoft Intune, smartphones (iOS/Android), iPads, Audio/Video systems, Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams), video conferencing peripherals, Active Directory
• Certifications in one or more of the following is desirable: A+, Network+, ITIL, Windows 10, Microsoft/Office 365
• Security Clearance for work at RCMP Buildings is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 - $35.68 per hour (2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition is May 18, 2021
External closing date for this competition is May 31, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||May 10, 2021 08:30 AM
||May 31, 2021 04:30 PM