|Parking Bylaw Enforcement Officer (from approx. May 31, 2021 to April 18, 2022)
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
May 13, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U054 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting a temporary full-time Parking Bylaw Enforcement Officer (from approx. May 31, 2021 to April 18, 2022) to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division, Bylaw Enforcement Department. Reporting to the Manager, Bylaw Enforcement, in this unionized position you will be responsible for inspection and regulatory work related to the enforcement of specific bylaws.
• Patrol by vehicle or on foot assigned public areas
• Monitor and enforce time limited parking with an automated license plate recognition system
• Issue parking tickets/warning tickets and make contact with vehicle owners to obtain voluntary compliance
• Investigate complaints concerning illegally parked and/or abandoned vehicles
• Gather evidence and appear in adjudications as required
• Investigate other infractions under the Township’s Highway and Traffic Bylaw such as those related to boulevard maintenance, snow removal, rocks on the boulevard and more
• Assist a superior with the enforcement of specific bylaws and regulations when needed.
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 and some related enforcement or regulatory experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of the bylaws and regulations governing traffic and parking matters
• Sound knowledge of the Township’s geographic areas, including street layout
• Ability to deal tactfully and firmly with the public and exercise sound judgment and discretion
• Ability to present evidence in court as required
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $26.89 - $31.60 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Tuesday to Saturday, 9:00am to 6:00pm and is subject to change. Non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week between 6:00am to 9:00pm, five consecutive days per week, including weekends.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: May 7 2021
External closing date for this competition: May 13, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||April 29, 2021 08:30 AM
||May 13, 2021 04:30 PM