|Engineering Technologist II (one position total from 21-U052 and 21-U051) - Regular Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
May 17, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U052 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Engineering Technologist II (one position total from 21-U052 and 21-U051) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Transportation Department. Reporting to the Manager Transportation Engineering, in this unionized position you will be responsible for perform complex technical work such as investigating, managing transportation projects, traffic systems, and street lighting in order to provide a safe and efficient transportation network for the public.
• Establish and assess project work to ensure compliance with municipal standards and respond to enquiries from the public, developers, consultants, and others as required
• Assess work to ensure compliance with municipal standards and respond to inquiries from the public, developers, consultants and others
• Prepare, review, and maintain a variety of materials such as technical studies and status reports, correspondence, tender, and project specifications
• Plan, prepare and review design, and estimate technical work to municipal standards relating to a variety of engineering transportation functions and in conformance to project guidelines and established standards
• Perform related work as required
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a diploma in civil and structural technology, building technology, or other related discipline, including or supplemented by courses in project management, plus considerable related experience preferably in a Municipal setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable experience and knowledge of bylaws, policies, and practices in coordinating Township programs and the ability to act as a liaison and coordinator for major construction projects, contract documentation, and administration of various types of construction, installation, and Township programs. Considerable knowledge of bylaws, policies and practices in coordinating Township programs
• Skill in a variety of engineering software packages, databases, traffic and roads applications, as well as, possess a comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, terminology, practices and techniques
• The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, well organized, and able to communicate effectively with the community, consultants, contractors and internal clients
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Certification or eligibility for certification as an Applied Science Technologist within the Province of BC
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $38.73 - $45.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: May 4, 2021
External closing date for this competition: May 17, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||April 26, 2021 08:30 AM
||May 17, 2021 04:30 PM