|Bylaw Enforcement Officer - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
April 21, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U043 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting a regular full-time Bylaw Enforcement Officer to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division; Bylaw Enforcement Department. Reporting to the Manager, Bylaw Enforcement, in this unionized position you will be responsible for inspection and regulatory work related to the enforcement of specific bylaws.
• Respond to inquiries and interpreting bylaws and regulations, related to parking, noise, zoning, graffiti, illegal dumping, unsightliness and more
• Perform a variety of inspections and regulatory investigational work related to municipal bylaws
• Investigate and enforcing a variety of bylaw contraventions
• Gather sufficient evidence to support enforcement and/or charges
• Provide excellent customer service with the ability to deal with confrontation matters with tact and diplomacy
• Completion of Grade 12 and training in bylaw enforcement, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound experience in inspectional and enforcement work with field investigation and rules of evidence
• Extensive experience in public relations including sound judgement, independence of action within a considerable degree of tact and diplomacy
• Sound knowledge of municipal bylaws, regulations and applicable provincial statutes as well as knowledge of court and adjudication procedures and legality of various types of evidence
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.90 - $38.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are eight continuous hours between 6:30am – 9:00pm, 5 days per week, any day of the week including weekends. Non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week/40 hours per week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: April 15, 2021
External closing date for this competition: April 21, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||April 7, 2021 08:30 AM
||April 21, 2021 04:30 PM