|Operations Maintenance Worker (up to 10) - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 2, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U024 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 10 temporary full-time Operations Maintenance Workers (from approx. March 29, 2021 to December 24, 2021) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Roads Operations department. Reporting to the Roads Operations Manager, in this unionized position you will perform a variety of manual work requiring physical effort and agility in the operations of semi-skilled and unskilled construction/maintenance tasks.
• Install, replace, maintain and repair a variety of street, traffic and other signs
• Paint traffic lines including crosswalks, safety zones and other road markings using brushes, spray equipment and hand operated lining devices
• Assist with pavement maintenance tasks such as crack sealing and patching
• Assist with drainage maintenance including manhole, catch basin and pipe installation and assist with boulevard maintenance and community cleanliness
• Assist in the installation, maintenance and repair of irrigation and drainage systems and the repair of water and sewer services as required
• Operate a dump, flat, panel or service truck of between 5,100 and 24,000 pounds GVW
• Guide equipment operators and ensure safe work practices
• Perform other related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by training courses and considerable related experience in construction and/or maintenance, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment, initiative and have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to be involved in the performance of heavy, semi-skilled manual outdoor work in all weather conditions
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and equipment applicable to several functional areas of Parks construction and maintenance work
• Pesticide Applicators Certificate is considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Valid Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement BC Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence or a Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 per hour (2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: March 2, 2021
External closing date for this competition: March 2, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 22, 2021 08:30 AM
||March 2, 2021 04:30 PM