|Project Manager - Waterfront Masterplan (Temporary, Contract)
||District of Mission
This posting closed on
February 16, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||2021-02 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The District of Mission has an exciting 18-month temporary, full-time opportunity for a Project Manager to coordinate, facilitate, review, direct and manage the daily operational activities for this major comprehensive Waterfront Revitalization master-planning effort. Information regarding the revitalizing of the waterfront can be found at mission.ca/waterfront.
Duties include liaising and working collaboratively with project consultants, contractors, municipal staff, landowners, senior government agencies and other stakeholders and the community-at-large to ensure the processes and project delivery objectives are aligned with the strategy and are delivered on time and on budget.
This position requires leadership, foresight and exceptional organizational and communication skills. You will be coordinating efforts from the initial lead to job completion. You will manage all aspects of the project including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and monitoring and summarizing the progress of projects for presentation to Council, stakeholders and the community.
||Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
• Day-to-day project management of the Waterfront Revitalization Masterplan effort
• Frequently interact with municipal staff, project consultants and other stakeholders
• Create documentation for project plans, project status reports, timelines, project issues and risks as needed for the project
• Monitor project schedules, budgets, and work progress and quickly identify and address project scope and budget discrepancies
• Develop and provide management with regular and timely status reports and benchmarking metrics of projects
• Develop and build on established partnerships with internal and external stakeholders necessary to successfully deliver on the project objectives; ensuring that stakeholders are identified, engaged, informed and give opportunities to shape planning outcomes as applicable.
• Assess efficiency of current processes to develop specific recommendations to improve efficiency and organizational agility
• Review legal agreements with consultants, contractors, etc. and recommend actions as appropriate
||As the ideal candidate, you will have a post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in Business Administration and 5 to 7 years of experience in successful project management in urban planning, civil engineering, property development or a related discipline.
||You will also have experience with financial analysis, financial models and proforma development and supervising staff. Fluency in more than one language is an asset.
||This temporary contract position is excluded from the bargaining units and offers a wage commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
||Working remotely and other flexible work arrangements may be considered. If you have what we’re looking for and you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a group of enthusiastic and dedicated people, please apply via the Careers page on our website mission.ca/careers (Job ID 2021-02) by Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 4:30 pm.
||January 22, 2021 08:30 AM
||February 16, 2021 04:30 PM
|*We thank all interested candidates however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.