|Engineering Technician - Temporary Full-Time (one position total from #20-U075 and #20-U074)
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
August 3, 2020
at 11:59 PM
||20-U075 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Engineering Technician (from approx. August 31, 2020 to approx. August 27, 2021) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Utilities Operations Department. Reporting to the Utilities Operations Manager, in this unionized position you will perform technical work of some complexity including analytical tasks, technical calculations and site inspections.
• Prepare technical engineering reports from/including plans, estimates, and specifications for routine construction and maintenance projects
• Perform technical work in analysis, design, calculations and documentation for minor utility projects that will involve water and sewer systems
• Prepare evaluations, schedules, invoice quantities and quality control guidelines for maintenance management
• Conduct site inspections on minor engineering projects, as required
• Perform related work, as required
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in Civil and/or Structural Technology plus related experience preferably in a municipal setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of engineering terminology, materials, equipment, practices and techniques and knowledge of Municipal engineering plans, specifications, contract documents and data related to the work
• Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of budgeting and standard costing procedures as related to engineering programs and operations
• Ability to review, analyze, assess and interpret plans, specifications, contracts and other material related to the work
• Ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.90 - $38.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 11:59pm, July 28, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 11:59pm, August 3, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||July 20, 2020 08:30 AM
||August 3, 2020 11:59 PM