|Arborist (18-Month Term)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 22, 2020
at 11:59 PM
||3521 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The Planning and Development Department is seeking a hardworking and self-motivated individual to add to their team. You will be responsible for office and technical field work related to the administration of Surrey’s Tree Protection By-law. This includes specialized technical work related to landscape architecture and arboriculture.
You will demonstrate knowledge of OCP’s, NCP’s and understand the development application process for single-family, multi-family, commercial and industrial projects. You will also demonstrate knowledge of BCLNA Landscape Standards, ISA best management practices, tree risk assessments and landscape construction methods.
• Review arborist reports and tree cutting permit applications
• Review landscape plans and landscape cost estimates
• Calculate fees and securities required for tree cutting permits and landscape plans
• Make recommendations and decisions regarding landscape related risk and design
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
• The successful applicant will have the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Qualified applicants will have the following:
• Degree in Landscape Architecture.
• Minimum of three years related experience.
• Valid BC Driver’s License
• ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification
• ISA Certified Arborist
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||May 11, 2020 08:30 AM
||June 22, 2020 11:59 PM