|Accounting Clerk I / Secretary (Part-Time)
|*Please visit the FVRD website www.fvrd.bc.ca for further information about our organization.
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
February 8, 2010
at 4:30 PM
||2010-05 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Fraser Valley Regional District is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill a
part-time position of Accounting Clerk I / Secretary working approximately 20 hours per week.
The primary duty of the Accounting Clerk I /Secretary is to assist the Director of Finance, Managers and Staff in the Finance Department with accounting duties, administrative support, and secretarial services to provide the delivery of service to ensure effective and efficient daily operation within the Department.
||• Undertakes various accounting duties including the reconciliation of various general ledger and sub-ledger accounts, performing general accounting duties and assists in the preparation of annual/quarterly Financial Statements.
• Tracking of all Regional District grant applications.
• Assumes the duties and responsibility of the other Accounting Clerk I during an absence or as required, and provides assistance to the Accounting Clerk III as required.
• Responsible for the administrative support and secretarial services for the Finance Department
||Completion of senior secondary school supplemented by accounting, computer and administration courses, and post secondary courses, plus several years of finance/secretarial experience in a medium to large office, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
||• Experience and proficiency in preparing agendas, and accurately recording complex meeting proceedings and transcribing the minutes.
• Excellent administrative and computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a sound knowledge of business English and spelling, the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and write in a clear and concise manner.
• Must be in possession of a valid, unrestricted Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $24.64 per hour (post probation wage) plus a comprehensive benefit package and pension plan. (Note, wage rate is currently under review)
||If you are interested in this position, please submit a detailed resume, along with a cover letter, indicating your qualifications, by 4:30 p.m. on February 8, 2010 to email@example.com or fax, confidentially, to 604-702-5461. For further information regarding this position, applicants may call George Murray, Director of Finance at 604-702-5000 or toll free (in B.C.) at 1-800-528-0061.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||January 22, 2010 08:30 AM
||February 8, 2010 04:30 PM